Bloomberg article highlights: BP [...]

I guess they want us (and the car-buying and house-lighting folks in
India and Africa and South America) to buy our oil and gas somewhere
else. We can do that.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

Science teaches us to doubt.

Claude Bernard

On Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 1:04:33 PM UTC+10, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 14:05:27 -0700, Robert Baer
rober...@localnet.com> wrote:

Today, (Sep 16) global energy giant BP (BP) wrapped up its three-day
investor event, in which it \"said the relentless growth of oil demand is
over, becoming the first supermajor to call the end of an era many
thought would last another decade or more.\" This is a big deal, as this
else. We can do that.

But you need a different plant to burn it on. You should emigrate to Venus, where global warming has already run its course.

What you ought to do is fuel your electric cars with renewable energy generated by windmills and solar panels, and heat your houses with reverse cycle air-conditioners, also powered from renewable sources.

The fossil carbon extraction industry would lose a lot of it\'s income when that happened, and they want to put it off as long as possible. One of the ways they do that is by spending a lot of money on climate change denial propaganda. There\'s a whole industry devoted to doing this kind of work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merchants_of_Doubt

The output isn\'t all that plausible but there are enough gullible twits like you to make it worth doing. As Lincoln said, you can fool some of the people all of the time.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 21:14:52 -0700 (PDT), Bill Sloman
<bill.sloman@ieee.org> wrote:

On Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 1:04:33 PM UTC+10, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

else. We can do that.

But you need a different plant to burn it on. You should emigrate to Venus, where global warming has already run its course.

What you ought to do is fuel your electric cars with renewable energy generated by windmills and solar panels, and heat your houses with reverse cycle air-conditioners, also powered from renewable sources.

The fossil carbon extraction industry would lose a lot of it\'s income when that happened, and they want to put it off as long as possible. One of the ways they do that is by spending a lot of money on climate change denial propaganda. There\'s a whole industry devoted to doing this kind of work.

The output isn\'t all that plausible but there are enough gullible twits like you to make it worth doing. As Lincoln said, you can fool some of the people all of the time.

I think that long haul trucks still use quite a bit of fossil fuels
along with lots of jets and ships. It will be quite a quite a while I
think before we are anywhere near where we need to be to reduce
emissions to make a dent.

This, I believe, (in my possibly wrong opinion) is where capitalism
can and is helping to further the renewable energy way of the future
because they will be rewarded for their efforts. Enough people do
understand the necessity of buying and using the RE produts and it
makes them feel good about \"helping the planet\". The guvnmnt isn\'t
going to pay for it all. Maybe some though.

On Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 1:53:19 AM UTC-4, boB wrote:
bill.sloman@ieee.org> wrote:

else. We can do that.

I think you are in denial or at least lacking accurate facts. In 2018 gasoline production accounted for 9.3 million barrels of oil a day. Fuel oil was 4.1 million. Jet fuel was 1.7 million. So auto use dominates. I believe we can put a pretty sizable dent in this with EVs, both autos and trucks.. The trucking industry is focused on costs like most. EVs present lower operating costs and will be worth swapping out fleets of vehicles to get those lower costs. It won\'t happen over night because there will need to be infrastructure built specifically for trucks. But there are no fundamental obstacles and it will happen. By 2030 the majority of trucks on the road will be quiet, non-poluting EVs mostly charged by renewable resources.

Notice on the chart that only 0.11 million barrels of oil a day are accounted for by electricity generation. So it is unlikely increases in EV use will add to the carbon footprint.

There is no real need for considering the ecological benefits of EVs to justify buying EVs. They are on the cusp at the moment, with Tesla claiming lower cost of ownership for EVs. Going forward as battery costs drop it will become clear that EVs are a less expensive means of personal transportation and a MUCH less expensive means of commercial transportation. The government isn\'t paying anyone to buy Teslas anymore. Tesla has reached a point of independence where they are competing head to head with ICE manufacturers and winning. The ICE manufacturers completely get this and are working feverishly to catch up and establish their positions in the race.

By 2025 people won\'t be having these discussions anymore. It will be about whether Chevy, Ford, VW, Honda or Tesla is going to build the EV in your driveway. Even JL will have an EV because California will impose a $2,000 a year ICE tax. I could be wrong about that. It could be $5,000 a year.

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

On Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 12:45:39 PM UTC-4, Ricketty C wrote:

else. We can do that.

I think you are in denial or at least lacking accurate facts. In 2018 gasoline production accounted for 9.3 million barrels of oil a day. Fuel oil was 4.1 million. Jet fuel was 1.7 million. So auto use dominates. I believe we can put a pretty sizable dent in this with EVs, both autos and trucks. The trucking industry is focused on costs like most. EVs present lower operating costs and will be worth swapping out fleets of vehicles to get those lower costs. It won\'t happen over night because there will need to be infrastructure built specifically for trucks. But there are no fundamental obstacles and it will happen. By 2030 the majority of trucks on the road will be quiet, non-poluting EVs mostly charged by renewable resources.

Notice on the chart that only 0.11 million barrels of oil a day are accounted for by electricity generation. So it is unlikely increases in EV use will add to the carbon footprint.

There is no real need for considering the ecological benefits of EVs to justify buying EVs. They are on the cusp at the moment, with Tesla claiming lower cost of ownership for EVs. Going forward as battery costs drop it will become clear that EVs are a less expensive means of personal transportation and a MUCH less expensive means of commercial transportation. The government isn\'t paying anyone to buy Teslas anymore. Tesla has reached a point of independence where they are competing head to head with ICE manufacturers and winning. The ICE manufacturers completely get this and are working feverishly to catch up and establish their positions in the race.

By 2025 people won\'t be having these discussions anymore. It will be about whether Chevy, Ford, VW, Honda or Tesla is going to build the EV in your driveway. Even JL will have an EV because California will impose a $2,000 a year ICE tax. I could be wrong about that. It could be $5,000 a year.

Forgot the link...

https://www.eia.gov/totalenergy/data/monthly/pdf/flow/petroleum.pdf

--

Rick C.

-- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
-- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

On 9/21/2020 11:14 PM, Bill Sloman wrote:

else. We can do that.
You should emigrate to Venus, where global warming has already run its course.

Who caused that!

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Ricketty Crazy Man wrote:

=============================
( snip piles of utter garbage)

Notice on the chart that only 0.11 million barrels of oil
a day are accounted for by electricity generation. So it
is unlikely increases in EV use will add to the carbon footprint.

** Despite all the other insanities this trolling fuckwit posts - that one takes the cake.

..... Phil

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 09:45:32 -0700 (PDT), Ricketty C
<gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote:

else. We can do that.

I think you are in denial or at least lacking accurate facts. In 2018 gasoline production accounted for 9.3 million barrels of oil a day. Fuel oil was 4.1 million. Jet fuel was 1.7 million. So auto use dominates. I believe we can put a pretty sizable dent in this with EVs, both autos and trucks. The trucking industry is focused on costs like most. EVs present lower operating costs and will be worth swapping out fleets of vehicles to get those lower costs. It won\'t happen over night because there will need to be infrastructure built specifically for trucks. But there are no fundamental obstacles and it will happen. By 2030 the majority of trucks on the road will be quiet, non-poluting EVs mostly charged by renewable resources.

It is interesting that there is a 25 percent tariff on Lithium battery
cells from China if the cost is OVER 70 cents per cell.

I think I can guess who is getting their cells for less than 70 cents
when other may have to pay over $2.00 per cell

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 09:49:32 -0700 (PDT), Ricketty C

else. We can do that.

Forgot the link...

Which of those categories are diesel for trucking transportation ?

else. We can do that.

Forgot the link...

Diesel
Fuel Oil maybe ?

Transportation ?

Etc... ?

On Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 4:19:16 PM UTC-4, boB wrote:
gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote:

else. We can do that.

Forgot the link...

Diesel
Fuel Oil maybe ?

Transportation ?

Etc... ?

I think you don\'t understand the chart. Each section of the graph is showing separate types of quantity based divisions. Transportation would be a combination of various fuel types as would be industrial. The fuel oil category is where diesel motor fuel would come from and transportation is where it would be used. Motor gasoline is more than twice the amount of fuel oil and relatively little of that is used for anything other than fueling vehicles. Jet fuel is again half the fuel oil so an even smaller slice of the pie.

Powering EVs instead of ICE will have impacts on gasoline consumption going forward and become very significant in by 2025 by many accounts.

People are in denial about the future of EVs, but it is very clear to me that even the US auto makers understand the significance of EVs and are pouring everything they\'ve got into their development at this point.

I won\'t say hybrids aren\'t useful. They help reduce the petroleum used, but few of them are used the way Win does, running shorter daily trips 100% from his battery. So the carbon and energy benefits are limited compared to EVs.

Battery EVs are not just the way of the \"future\" since the \"future\" of EVs is available, right now, today. Even the oil companies realize this.

--

Rick C.

-+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
-+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

On 2020-09-23, boB <boB@K7IQ.com> wrote:

else. We can do that.

Forgot the link...

Diesel ia a type of engine, not a type of petroleum. Distillate is
what they put in the tank.

--
Jasen.

On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 21:44:29 -0000 (UTC), Jasen Betts
<usenet@revmaps.no-ip.org> wrote:

else. We can do that.

Forgot the link...

Diesel fuel comes from crude oil.

On Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 8:37:05 PM UTC-7, boB wrote:
usenet@revmaps.no-ip.org> wrote:

else. We can do that.

Forgot the link...

ALL petroleum-based products come from crude oil - and there\'s A LOT!

Jasen Betts wrote pedantic crap as usual:

=====================================
Diesel ia a type of engine, not a type of petroleum.

** The word refers to either.

Distillate is what they put in the tank.

** Petrol and Diesel fuel are both petroleum distillates.

Is steak sauce made from steak ?

..... Phil

On Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 11:37:05 PM UTC-4, boB wrote:

else. We can do that.

Forgot the link...

Most diesel fuel comes from crude oil. But some diesel fuel comes from algae and from used cooking oil.

Dan

On Friday, September 25, 2020 at 9:24:17 AM UTC-4, dca...@krl.org wrote:
On Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 11:37:05 PM UTC-4, boB wrote:

else. We can do that.

Forgot the link...

Most diesel fuel comes from crude oil. But some diesel fuel comes from algae and from used cooking oil.

Dan

Yes, the chart shows an input \"other liquid products supplied\" - \"(s)=Less than 0.005 and greater than -0.005.\". The numbers are millions of barrels per day. So not so much compared to crude oil and other high volume sources, <5,000 barrels a day.

--

Rick C.

+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 18:50:50 -0700 (PDT), Phil Allison
<pallison49@gmail.com> wrote:

** Despite all the other insanities this trolling fuckwit posts - that one takes the cake.

Disagree. He has in fact done better.

On Saturday, September 26, 2020 at 3:29:48 AM UTC+10, John Larkin wrote:
On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 18:50:50 -0700 (PDT), Phil Allison
palli...@gmail.com> wrote:

Switching to electric vehicles is expected to increase the load on electricity generation by about 30%. We don\'t have to burn any fossil carbon to generate electricity (though we do burn quite a lot in power generating plants at the moment) so the effect on the carbon footprint is uncertain.

What is certain is the burning gasoline derived from crude oil is responsible for quite a bit of our carbon footprint, and that going over to electric vehicles would let us reduce it, if we went to the trouble of getting most of our electric power from renewable sources (which is not something that the fossil carbon extraction industry wants to happen) .

Disagree. He has in fact done better.

The miserably under-informed share their ill-founded opinions.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back